Re: [Harp-L] Carbon Fiber Reeds, 3D printing, plastic metal

I tried Carbon Fiber Reeds. I took intake reeds from a racing motorcycle, and
cut harmonica Reeds out of them. In order to get them to sound, I had to make
them real thin at the rivet end, and when I got them to sound, the tone was real
High and thin. A one blow, sounded like a 7 blow, and without much character.
The reed was really thin, and I doubt that it will hold up.

Harvey Berman
www.harveyharp.com