Re: [Harp-L] Re: Alan Wilson's timed vibrato

On Feb 10, 2013, at 8:29 PM, David Fairweather wrote:

> I tend to agree with Winslow and Iceman about it being a throat vibrato,
> and that's the approach I've taken over the years.  Although I was pretty
> surprised when during a discussion at SPAH 2009,  Jason convincingly
> demonstrated his conviction that its a tongue vibrato.

I'm with Jason. He understands that it is a tongue vibrato BUT done at the root of the tongue, (pulsing the muscle)..ergo making it a 'type' of throat vibrato. Not that hard to do. Clarinetists do it all the time.
My clarinette version of Amazing Grace in the movie.....awww who cares....is a good example.

smo-joe