Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

Do you have a monitor with your own mix?  Did you use the amp for stage
volume or front of house volume too?  Where was the amp position relative
to stage?  What mic are you going to use to the PA?

If you don't have access to a good monitor with your own mix, you'll hate
playing through the PA regardless of mix.  If you have a good monitor, and
know the sound guy, make sure he is willing to sound check with you.  IMO,
if you use a clean dynamic mic, all you have to do is bump some lows, cut
some highs, and add a hint of reverb.  When sitting in with Blues Traveler,
I used a Beta 57a and that's how it was mixed.  It sounds like a clean harp
tone - sorta hi-fi.  Pull some more highs and compensate with mids to get a
warmer tone.