Re: [Harp-L] SSCH-56 by Suzuki--new chord harmonica

That is a very cool layout.  Stacking 7th chords a 2nd apart every 4 holes
is very clever!

If I'm not mistaken on the layout, it looks like the ascending pattern is
reset every 4 holes, meaning that standard chromatic reedplates are
probably not usable in this context.  I'm basing my statements below on
this assumption, however, it could also only be "reset" once.   I had a
similar layout for a chord harmonica with sawn-off chromatic plates but
this Suzuki layout is way better than mine.

I see some other chord possibilities here for chords:
- You can play augmented triads by playing 3 note chords on holes 4, 8 and
12.  I understand that this is what Gary meant but isn't finished the sheet
yet.
- You can play m7b5 chord (with the 7th in the bass) on holes 2, 6 ,10.
- As well as the minor triad, you can play a "min maj6" chord by playing 4
notes starting at holes 3, 7, 11   The voicing may be a 5th in the bass and
a minor 2nd in the middle of the chord... this may sound unusual / bad /
great with free reeds.
- You can play 5ths (perfect and diminished) by playing 3 holes and tongue
blocking the middle hole.  Again, this may sound as a 4th if the chord note
resets every 4 holes.

I think cell C12 should read 5D instead of 5DB.

I'm open to correction on all the above, just assumptions based on my
reading of what's been posted so far.

Well done on this layout!

--
Eugene