Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp Break set to Dirty

It was a custom bullet from Greg Heumann with a vintage Shure 520D
element...NOT the new dynamic one.  I think this illustrates a wonderful
contrast in tones from different mics.  I don't see how a play wouldn't see
similar results regardless of ability.  Unless I wasn't cupping or trying
to insert another variable (and I played fair) anyone playing the three
should expect the bullet to sound more mid heavy and ragged, the SM57 to
sound fuller and rounder, and the 58 to sound more distant.

I've been told time and time again gear doesn't make a difference, but I
sure here a difference in the sound of those mics.  While no one would
sound exactly like me, it is a very accurate representation of pucker and
tb techniques into well cupped mics from a single source.