Re: [Harp-L] Technique WAS (no subject)

I am not trying to put words in Richard's mouth, but I think his point was
you had to see the forest for the trees with the effective speed players.
 The emotion comes in waves rather than individual notes.

A good study of that can be found in all three guys mentioned here - Ricci,
Popper, and Buffalo.  I made a comment about emotional playing on another
board today, but I think there are two ways in which players really impact
us.  One is by creating ear worms with melodic playing, and the other is by
creating waves of emotion.  If you play particularly fast, your best bet is
waves.

To counter the speed=technical=no emotion, I present Carlos Del Junco.  He
is a very technical player, does not play particularly fast, but can create
all sorts of emotional impact.