Re: [Harp-L] Re: Review of the Beta-Harp

I'll second this review. My Beta harp is about five years old and is in perfect condition.

Bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Bouman" <fitgo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Theo Beard" <beardharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:59 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Review of the Beta-Harp

Thanks for the nice review..!!

This year I've been working on finding/making new tools and I must say that I've found 2 tools that make my custom job on a harmonica much easier.

Therefore I've changed some things in my webshop... biggest news is that I now offer the Beta X-tra for the price of my old model 1 but it has the features of my old model 2.
The price for the old model 1 was ( in euros € 85 ) the old model 2 was € 110.

So, now you can get a Beta X-tra for € 85/$ 110 ... all reedslots are completely embossed, reeds are arced/curved and regapped, tuning is checked twice. This makes the harp perfect for " old school" tongueblocked playing but also, the harp is overblow/overdraw friendly.
And the "best news...on all my models ( Beta Basic ( € 75/$90), X-tra € 85/$110 and X-treme( €140/$165 ) I offer full service/warranty. If you, let's say, break a reed in 2 or 3 years after receiving the harp, send it back to me and I'll repair the harp and you only pay for shipping costs!

Very soon I will have my new website on-line with more details about my customizing jobs, photos, videos etc etc. The webshop is as usual on-line.

And there's more news... you can upgrade a beta-harp.

I have beautiful black corian combs, exclusively made by Hetrick.. these combs are ONLY 5 mm thick ( thin?).
All players who tried/play one of these combs were amazed by what a difference they make.
The harp looks much thinner/smaller, the response is faster and the looks are great.

I also offer handsprayed black and white coverplates ( limited stock !) with my logo on it.
here you can see of the new betaharps.

https://www.box.com/s/715b433bf3c9193cd3ea

My turnaround time for a Basic is 1 or 2 days after payment, for the X-tra it is at the moment 3 to 4 days.
For the X-treme it is 5 to 10 days at most.

Same turnaround time goes for the Session Steel Betaharps.
The Session steel can be upgraded to a 6mm solid dymondwood comb from Hetrick and the custom coverplates !!

Please feel free to email me on ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with any question you have. If possible I'll be glad to answer them all.

And..what I almost forgot to mention.. when you receive a betaharp and you have an urgent question, you get a 15 minute skype chat with me for free!! Any question will be answered....you can ask about tuning/set-up , or maybe bending, breathing techniques etc etc.

I teach students all over the world through Skype so I'm also avaible for Skype lessons.

finest regards

Ben Bouman
www.customharmonicashop.nl
www.harmonicainstituut.nl
www.marble-amps.com

Op 23 sep 2012, om 22:58 heeft Theo Beard het volgende geschreven:

My review of the Ben Bouman's Beta-Harp;

After a couple year playing the harmonica more seriously. I was looking for a better instrument. I felt like I was slowed down by my harmonica.

I ordered a couple custom from different customizer and in the end bought a little set of Ben Bouman beta-harps level 3.

The harmonica is based on the Seydel 1847 so the harmonica will last a very long time with the steel reeds.

They play perfectly, they are in tune, every bend is precise and all the overblow and overdraw are avaible in tongue-block.

The chords are beautiful and rich.

Ben is super fast, my harmonicas arrived after 3 weeks. My first order of a C harmonica was ready in a week.

The price is also very reasonable. He can sell optimized 1847 and Session steels for the same price as you get at them at the store.

He fully emboss, gap, profile reed higher models for far less than most customizer and he gave me a great deal on top of that for the set.

Ben is a good musician and harmonica teacher so I know he can play all the techniques. He is also one of the first doing custom harmonica in Europe.

I'm extremely satisfied with his work and would highly recommend him for any harmonica need.

You can check him on youtube and on his website;

http://www.youtube.com/user/fitgo
http://www.customharmonicashop.com/