Re: [Harp-L] Re: Fly Me to the Moon

I'm not critiquing but I remember seeing a copy of a note that Monk made for his band.  One of the things he wrote was, "don't play everything, leave some things out".  You can hear an idea in your head, and then choose to play it, or wait for the next one.

Again, I'm not making a critique but that is another way to think about improvising.

Sent from my iPad