Re: [Harp-L] VIDEO--Gregoire Maret with Herbie Hancock KKL Luzern3.11.2008 - YouTube

Randy,-)

You are not getting old and I NEVER get tired of hearing YOU play,,,,you always inspire us!

OK, The youtube you posted is a more "outside" example of him creating something off the cuff...

I've been friends with Gregoire since he came to NYC in the 90's...I invited him to our NY Top Brass Reedsters Club and he jumped right in...he was and IS still growing as a player as we all are...I introduced him to an old master of 'melody' Charles Leighton and Greg was invited up to our Tuesday hangs...they both hit it off well...I think Greg learned alot from those hangs too...

let me respond to your Video with this one of a Gershwin Piece, here the Melody is handled very nicely and then he takes off to create a beautiful interplay with these great players and returns to the melody and then improves away from it for the ending whicjh I think is so tasteful and unique...this is 2yrs later than the Herbie Video btw.....I really like this approach and performance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmHTql0kMIU&feature=related

Toots and Charles and Adler have inspired many of us Chromeisters and it's delightful to see so many new generation players take it all in then add their 'own' ness to it...including YOU,-)

PS...I also commend Gregoire for his efforts to work with Suzuki for making a better Chrome for us to play.....

Just my 2cents
Rob Paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Singer" <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>