[Harp-L] Does anybody like the Suzuki UltraBend out of the box?

Brendan Power's endorsement carries a whole lot of weight for me, as does his history with the technology.

I also listen very carefully when Richard Sleigh tries out a Suzuki UltraBend and concludes that it needs work to be useable.

So I'd love to hear if someone has bought one of these instruments and just said Wow, this is just plain great out of the box!

Since the Lyndon Johnson administration, I have never once monkeyed with a harmonica reed except to remove a piece of dust or a mustache hair, and I can barely even do that well. But that being said, it's been rare that I've wished I had reed-monkeying skills since plastic combs showed up in the mid-70's. The quality of diatonic harps has grown mind-bogglingly since Hohner got competition. I can't think of the last time I wished I could tune a reed. (I don't blow them out of tune. Ever.)

So, I'm just wondering if anyone has had a good enough experience with a Suzuki UltraBend that an undemanding player such as myself could consider getting one lacking the modification skills that are now so common in Harp Land.

Ken