[Harp-L] Tuning by electroplating

Has anyone here heard of anyone trying to tune harmonicas by Electroplating the
reeds.

 We all know about adding weight to the tip of the reed to lower the pitch, but
nothing seems to work on the rivet end.  I have been noticing that there are
some cheap electroplating wands and solutions for copper, brass, gold etc.  Is
it possible that a very soft, pliable metal like copper, or perhaps brass could
be electroplated on the rivet end of a reed to raise the pitch??

Just wondering.  I might try it.

HarveyHarp