[Harp-L] which end is up on chromatic harmonicas

I am a harmonica player in the sense, that I am a plumber because I can replace a water heater.
It's not the only thing I do but I do enjoy it a lot more than plumbing.
I've had a few people help me on the way towards being something in the neighborhood of a musician.
I figured about a lot of it myself, with the patience of jam hosts from one end of orange and L.A. to the other, and my long suffering neighbors.
I would like to add the chromatic harmonica to my i'd say repertoire but arsenal might be a better word.
I listen to William Clarke, George Smith, Carey and Lurey Bell, Robert Lucas and all my head says is that's not f'ng possible.
I can hear, the chromatic qualities,But I have yet to figure out what keys they are playing in relationship to the rest of the band.
Then there is the what kind of harmonica, straight tuned, cross tuned.
I have a Hohner Chrometta 12, and a Swann M 1040.
Given how I learn, if i know what hardware goes where and when, I can work out the rest, @ work at night where only the occasional raccoon, possum and feral cat cross my path.
Then there's the microphone thing, I have 17 microphones and like 5 amps, gotta be one of 'em that will head me in the direction i need to go in.
So if one or more of you would be as so kind as to give me a link to somewhere that will save you typing, and help fill in the gaps in my knowledge, that would be much appreciated.
Or if their is some mystical recluse i might seek out, O.K. I probably won't but I do enjoy a good story.
I will be at the Bliss 525 jam tomorrow, maybe i'll see some of you there.
Paul
Old guy with the Chinese tatts