[Harp-L] survey of Harp-L

Watching all the polls leading up to the recent election reminded me that there might be someone on the list who knows how to compile and sort and survey and poll to get an overview of community.

I would do it myself but i'm just a old broken down newspaperman who can barely remember how to use QuarkXpress...

I've often thought the list had a few pros (maybe a dozen) but mostly hobby players of various skill levels.

In recent weeks, members of the list have financed the cost of keeping the list on the web but a few months earlier lacked the interest or financial support on the latest harmonica manufacturing venture.

Even with a self-selected poll, there might be some indication about what kind of community we have here.

1. Pros -- support themselves by harmonica/band performing and recording
2. semi-pro -- side job; get paid to perform but not enough to live on
3. teach pro -- living wage
4. teach semi-pro --get paid what amounts to a stipend
5. performance --- working weekly for pay
6. performance -- working weekly for satisfaction & expenses
7. years on the harp:
a. less than year
b. over a year
c. five years