[Harp-L] Re: Triple reed lo D Auto Valve

This whole concept is amazing - congratulations on some really innovative
reed technologies!

I can't wait to try a triple reed diatonic.  I'm also really intrigued by
the possibility of doing the same thing for a chromatic harmonica.  If we
use half-valved chromatic harmonicas we can already bend the draw notes
using dual-reed draw bends.  I'm also interested in being able to bend blow
notes by now having a third "enabler" reed in each chromatic chamber - as
is available on the diatonic SUB30.  Do you guys think this is possible?  I
guess the main concern is probably if there is enough space or not per
chamber on upper and lower reed plates (perhaps also air loss).

Of course, on a solo-tuned chromatic, you still can't bend *all* the draw
notes, but there are tuning schemes that allow this, such as
Powerchromatic, Diminished, Wholetone etc.  Changing to one of these tuning
schemes would really open up the blow bending using the 3rd enabler reed -
otherwise on a solo-tuned C chromatic you would have to make a choice
between, say, blow bending the E in hole 2 or draw bending the F (both with
slide out).  I guess for solo, you could blow bend both E and F slide in,
but the draw bend would be extremely useful too.  Then there's hole 4 but
anyway...

I play half-valved diminished (and other tuning scheme) chromatics so this
is of real interest to me - I'd really like to have those blow bends
available!
Eugene