Re: [Harp-L] Ultrasonic Cleaners

You can just use water and lemon juice for basic cleaning.  There is also a
non-toxic solution.  I have a huge bottle at home, but I can't remember the
name.  At any rate, they totally work.  They are even good for some minor
deburring.

I find that if your goal is to remove any tarnish or spots on a harp for
cosmetic reasons, abrasive materials end up damaging the harp.  My only
evidence is experience, and I have nothing measurable to prove it, but I
wouldn't be too worried about a reed plate needing to look like new.