Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Inappropriate harmonica [long]

On 11/7/12 9:31 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:
I'd put money on the best players never behaving this way. Those like
Charlie Musselwhite, Jason, Chris Michalek,

Then pay up because you would be wrong. The first time I met Mr. Michalek in person he was on his honeymoon and travelling. We went out to a local club to listen to some music and to my horror Chris took out a harmonica and played along with the band. Granted we were way in back and the band was loud but the young women next to us heard the playing and liked it. When I say I was appalled let me be clear that the etiquette of gussing never once entered my mind. It was about Chris attracting attention in my vicinity. My preferred public mode of operation is invisibility. fjm