 From: Jim Rumbaugh <jrumbaug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jeremy Bustillos <jbustillos@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Innapropriate harmonica

I admit the concept of "gussing" is something I have learned here at the Harp-L. I admit that I am inclined to pull out a harp and play along, though I can't remember when.

"Gussing" is what we do and how we learn at The Harmonica Club of Huntington, but then, that's what the club is for. Our sessions are NOT like a Joe Filisko circle jam where everyone is quite until their turn.

People sing along with the band, why can't you "play along"??

I do see where even singing along with the band could be wrong.  I do believe anything that is distracting from the performance and lessens the enjoyment of the audiance is "rude", as another poster said.

Perhaps, what I really think is, "anything in moderation is OK, even playing the harp".

Jim Rumbaugh
The Harmonica Club of Huntington, WV
Where everone Gusses for 7pm to 9pm to every tune every Tuesday Night