Re: [Harp-L] Old Time Harmonica

Thanks a bunch Burke!
Needless to say you are all inspiring me to go on and maybe do a couple more!

The first part surely reminds of "Clinch Mountain Backstep". I also wrote that in the notes under the clip I believe. Hey, talking of inspiration Burke, if you could use some of that you should listen to track 20 on that "Southern Old Time Harmonica"-cd. Its not listed on the sleeve (nor is track 12 & 19 ?!) but that's Graham's version of the "Clinch Mountain Backstep". Nice!

Yeah, that's weird isn't it. The Huang doesn't sound so bad. I tried the other one as well, the 'Star Performer' but that didn't work for me. Like this Silvertone better although its volume is really low compared to other harps. But for me, if I want to practice a lot, it's a pretty decent réally cheap harp to blow holes into (hey, we have a crisis here in Europe you know). Btw. don't y'all go buy that harp now otherwise the price might go up! ;-)

Corncerning the banjo, I'm a 3-finger (very much Scruggs) picker. Do a very little bit of clawhammer, but not so often. And No, I'm lazy ye know, if I sing or play harp I don't play banjo at the same time. Too much of an adventure, exactly. I've got a rack and might try it in the future though

See Ya
Bart