Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:16:24 +1000
From: Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Old Time Harmonica
To: <knuppel@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

That's really nice OT playing, Bart. It's solid and functional with
no showing off, the way that music is supposed to be.
It's common for fiddle tunes on harmonica to be overly busy,
and sound too clever, and a lot off hard work.
This sounds easy and fun (not meaning to say it's easy!)
Thanks for that,
RD

>>> "Bart van Strien" <knuppel@xxxxxxxxx> 28/05/12 6:13 PM >>>
Hi, I'm Bart and a newbie to Harp-L. I play banjo and on
occasion hca with the Blue Grass Boogiemen from the
Netherlands. I expect it will be nice to talk to & hear
from other harmonica-enthousiasts. And maybe even some
players that are into old-time or bluegrass as well.

I recently uploaded 2 old-time tunes on Youtube. It would
be really great to get some feedback or reactions (even
negative ;-)) from you guys. Ye know, so that I don't get
the feeling I'm alone in the dark :-) Here's the links if
you're interested:

Harmonica - Give The Fiddler A Dram:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F04dkjo36WQ
Harmonica - Sandy Boys