Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Book/CD teaching for BlueGrass

Thank you Elizabeth.
I think I will always consider myself a newbie and this is the reason.
I jam on Fridays and I'm one of 3 harp players.
I have the least amount of training 2 years oppose to 30 years.
The first set is Bluegrass, my mentor when he has the time to show up ( the man is always playing ) will jump in and okay. Never asked him if he was into Bluegrass, I know the bands he plays in are prime rally Blues and Southern Rock.
Putting that aside.
I like to play music and never want to peagon hole myself to one ganres.
I have not ( yet ) found the bluegrass style, but the picker enjoys my playing with him.
He is a wonderful picker and slider. And had given me very good advice on when to jump in and when to play in the back ground.
Since he know nothing about the harp all he can do is give me suggestions on who to listen to.

Saying all that, my heart still belongs to the Blues.

Abner GaldÃs
The Puerto Rican Blues Man.