[Harp-L] Re: SPAH Election - An Observation

Is it just me or is this SPAH election starting to look/sound like a bunch of folks running for some government office?

I'm seeing "message" statements along the lines of "throw out the insiders","change and hope", "croonyism", "We're great and they suck."

My experience of various such organizations and soicieties is that they quickly become clique-ish, with all the various cliques accusing all the other cliques of being clique-ish while promoting their own non-existent inclusivness.

I'm not a member of SPAH. I kind of thought about it and of attending this years conference, but nah. Too much monkey business for me to get involved in.