[Harp-L] Bob Cohen for SPAH President and Warren Bachman for Vice President

In the 2012 election SPAH members will have a choice in leadership instead of being asked to accept the hand chosen successor of the current management clique (who invariably is chosen to maintain the status quo).

Members now have an opportunity to choose SPAH’s future direction instead of the management clique. The convention is what captured the imagination of both Warren and me. But as we became involved in the governance and operation, we came to believe that the organization could do (and should do) better than an an annual convention for a few hundred harmonica players and an 800ish membership with a venerable name but a limited impact on the harmonica community. We believe there is much work to be done to make SPAH a financially sustainable and relevant organization.

We intend to pursue our vision by:

• Creating and implementing a robust marketing program designed to increase and diversify our membership.
• Adding tangible benefits to our membership.
• More actively developing useful content for the web site.
• Forming stronger partnerships with manufacturers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
• Implementing a Capital Drive Program.
• Increasing attendance at the convention.
• Decreasing our reliance on volunteers to perform vital tasks.
• Opening the books.

Bob Cohen & Warren Bachman

---------
Vote for Bob Cohen and Warren Bachman for SPAH President/Vice President
Not a member? Join SPAH now: http://www.spah.org/index.php/join-renew