Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic: Advantages of each position

I did one a long time ago.

Lots of C, F, and G. Those were the top three.

But I know from talking with him that he feels that Eb and Bb are the smoothest major keys because they have so few breath changes.

I've heard him tear it up in E major, though. He's no slouch. Maybe he picks weird keys just to stay sharp, per Slim's suggestion. (and yes, for jazz, E major is a weird key.)

W~

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation