From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Baker
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:15 PM
To: Harp-L
Subject: [Harp-L] Vest Pocket Harp / Piccolo Keys (was Don Brooks)

Hohner used to make these models in high G, Ab and A as well as in
regular C (and possibly other keys, but that's what I've seen myself). I
bought high G and high A Piccolos after hearing Charlie McCoy's work on
Steve Miller's "Number 5" album, which preceded his huge breakthrough
with "The Joker".

Years later I had the pleasure of playing a recording session in Hamburg
with Charlie. One of the tunes was in Eb and I had no Ab harp to play in
2nd position, so Charlie kindly lent me his Vest Pocket Harp in high Ab.
What a gentleman :-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com