[Harp-L] Vest Pocket Harp / Piccolo Keys (was Don Brooks)

Hohner used to make these models in high G, Ab and A as well as in regular C (and possibly other keys, but that's what I've seen myself). I bought high G and high A Piccolos after hearing Charlie McCoy's work on Steve Miller's "Number 5" album, which preceded his huge breakthrough with "The Joker".

Years later I had the pleasure of playing a recording session in Hamburg with Charlie. One of the tunes was in Eb and I had no Ab harp to play in 2nd position, so Charlie kindly lent me his Vest Pocket Harp in high Ab. What a gentleman :-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de