[Harp-L] SPAH seminar previews on hunterharp.com

Hi all,

Iâm doing a seminar at SPAH this year on the topic of layering your loops with FX.  Itâs going to be a lot of fun.

I've put a couple of short loops that are representative of what I'll demonstrate and discuss at SPAH up on my website at hunterharp.com:
http://www.hunterharp.com/16-june-2012-heres-a-sample-or-two-of-what-ill-be-doing-at-spah/

The loops were recorded live in mono from my Audix Fireball V into my Digitech RP355 into my Digitech JamMan Stereo looper, with the same harmonica used for all the layers in each loop.  On some of my performance loops I start with a pre-recorded drum track, but on these itâs all harp--up to 4 layers per loop.

When you listen, check out how the layers and FX work together to fill out the sonic spectrum and distinguish the parts.  This is not minimalist harp looping, like Son of Dave; this is maximalist.  Even if you're not into looping, the various sounds in the loop layers point to new and different roles for harp in a band.

Enjoy, and come to SPAH to find out how it was done.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick