Re: [Harp-L] gapping of reeds on harp

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM, John
<johnatjumpjiveandswing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I am about to check the gapping on my harmonicas

Hello John,

hard players = larger gap
soft players = smaller gap

But you are hooked now. Gapping is the gateway drug. Next you'll
be embossing scooping arcing and becoming an obsessive player. (And
fine-tuner, too)

Show your appreciation of those you love NOW before you begin. You won't
have time to cultivate relationships hereafter.

(All in fun, of course)

You'll even notice the interaction of bend response based on the gapping of
the 2 reeds in the same hole. (sigh)

   1. watch YouTube videos (search:reed gapping)
   2. experiment a lot
   3. be willing to ruin some reeds as you learn. "Oops, I won't do THAT
   again!"

It'll be FUN!

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012