Re: [Harp-L] gapping of reeds on harp

As a general rule, reeds are installed at the factory by machine. Then they are finish tuned by hand. At that time they discover if there are any reeds that were installed too close or too far out of spec to sound correctly. Then the technician will adjust the gap on those reeds with a shim used as a pry bar. Sooo, in a way, it's hard to advise you. It is all by touch.

smo-joe