Re: [Harp-L] EQ pedals and feedback

Hi Ross, I have been using a little Danelectro "Fish & Chips" 7 band EQ for quite a while now and I love it. First off it's inexpensive, but not cheap. By that I mean it's built pretty well and the noise level is pretty low. I have found that just boosting it a tad at 400kHz and leaving everything else pretty much flat is a real nice sweet spot. I lower the overall output level till there is no feedback, then boost it at 400. -chuck

----- Original Message -----
From: Ross Macdonald <pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:06:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Harp-L] EQ pedals and feedback

I have a relatively feedback resistant rig these days, harp gear 30 amp with a Greg Heumann ultimate 57 mic. I use a lone wolf delay and tone pedal and that's about it. Sometimes on very small stages I can get some stubborn feedback and was wondering if any of you all out there think a Boss EQ pedal might be a quick solution to find the offending frequency band to squelch feedback on the fly?

The LW Tone plus pedal (which I love) is essentially an EQ pedal but without the multiple frequency options.

Thanks.

Ross Macdonald
www.sassparilla.info

Sent from my iPad