Re: [Harp-L] "All Blues" - Sam Friedman

Lot of control on the harp--"bossing the harp around", as a friend puts
it--but also very musical.
Sounds like second position, but Sam is good enough that it gets outside
the box, so to speak.
I think his tone is good, even the stuff using extended techniques--
I would, however, like to say that there is a huge hole in the middle with
a power trio that includes an acoustic bassist and a diatonic harmonica
player.
I heard a bunch of stuff worth stealing--did that mean I liked it?
Gary