[Harp-L] Re: cool horn band w/harp

Thanks Jeff,
Yeah, definitely not easy competing with the 4 horns, lots of fun though.
Always trying to fatten up my tone.  I learned a bunch of bad habits early
on, and I'm now trying to go back and fix them(thin tone, bad intonation,
no vibrato, trying to play too many fast licks).
I will definitely get that Butterfield album.  Someone told me to a while
back, but I forgot about it.
In case you only checked out the one video that was on harp-l(played on a
high a-flat with a broken 4-blow), here's a video of my intro piece on one
of our songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7cCPMnvksY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for the advice... we're down in Atlanta on October 4th I believe, be
great to meet you and talk harp!

Jackson Kincheloe
Tour manager S.S.D.B.
(646)-596-2834
www.sistersparrow.com

On Jul 15, 2012 2:13 PM, "Jeff Baker" <acornfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jackson,
>
>  I'd love to help you . You have a great base knowledge .
>
> You defiantly  jumped into the "deep end " starting off in a big horn
band .

> You might want to woodshed the double live Paul Butterfield album.
>
> Granted the tempos aren't as busy and frantic but it will give you a basic
>
> direction on where and when to play.
>
> Also try to "fatten" your tone some more, try to emulate a horn sound.
>
> Your tone is a bit to thin and you won't stand a chance against that wall
of brass.

> Like Butterfield you can hear him (1) blend with the horns and (2) stand
out on fills and solos when he choses .

> If you have any questions let me know and let me know when your giging in
Atlanta.

> Peace Out
>
>    JB
>
> On Jul 15, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Jackson Kincheloe wrote:
>
>> Thanks everybody for the kind words yesterday(my birthday)!
>>
>> I've been a creeper on harp-l for a couple years, soaking up all the
great
>> knowledge you guys and girls put up here.
>>
>> Buzz-- I think we met at a "Rockers in the Rockies" thing a few years
ago.

>> Jeff--I've been playing for about 6 years, working on my tone more than
>> ever now, and am totally into free lessons if you're offering...(and the
>> singer is actually my little sister, so you're right: I would have a hard
>> time getting kicked out of this band...lol).
>>
>> Thanks again everyone for checking out our band.  Please come see us when
>> we're in your town!
>>
>> Jackson Kincheloe
>> Tour manager S.S.D.B.
>> (646)-596-2834
>> www.sistersparrow.com
>>
>> Message: 2 Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:17:43 -0400 From: Robert Rowe <
>> robertrowe2@xxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] cool horn band w/harp To:
rosco <