[Harp-L] Re: Does a Multi-Fx like this exist?

This would sorta work, but I would need more gear between the outputs
and looper.

Right now, I do this:

Mic to Chili Dog Octave pedal to Line 6 M13 to Boomerang III looper to
Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

What I want to do is just go Mic to Multi-fx unit to Boomerang to
PA.

What I have works fine other than everything - harmonica, bass
humming, and beatboxing - all goes through the Bass Driver DI where it
all hits the same EQ.  With a G3, POD HD, or Digitech 500, I *think*
what I can do is set up three patches and rather than stomping on the
Chili Dog or M13 and having it go to the Bass Driver DI, I can just
use the Multi-fx unit and have a unique amp sim/eq on each.

In otherwords, when I stomp on switch 1, it is a patch with a tweed
amp sim and delay for harmonica.  When I step on patch 2, it is a
clean amp sim with an octave down effect for bass.  The third would be
a a clean patch with just a hint of reverb and eq for beatboxing.

One thing I don't like in the solo stuff of mine or others is the lack
of separation between parts.  If everything goes through a harmonica
mic or harmonica amp, the bass and beatboxing sounds very lo-fi.  If
you are playing something upbeat or fun, it is pretty easy to get a
wash that isn't very articulate.  That is fine sometimes.

Also, many solo players are using simple 1-2 button loopers (there are
rack loopers that would let me run everything on separate channels to
the PA and control them via midi, but I don't gig enough to warrant
dropping $1,000-2,000 on that gear.  I would also still run into the
issue of needing separate effects for each channel, a way to store and
setup the rack gear, etc.)  My looper lets me run up to four
independent loops that all run to the same output.  This is important
to note because it lets me time things differently and gives me more
control.

With a simple looper and the M13, you have the time to let loops cycle
through and tap multiple buttons because you are limited to the timing
of the first loop.  That is not how I do things.

If I did this a lot, or could visit myself in the past, the smart
thing to do would have been to set-up a rack looper and mixer in a
wheeled enclosure along with something like the M13 and then run
everything via midi.