Re: [Harp-L] Special 20 vs. Seydel Session Steel?

Same here, Fred. I guess I have played Special 20s for so long, I can't make a switch. I  bought a couple of custom combs from Mathew Smart, but I just don't like how it feels. And I couldn't see how they played any better.
It's probably that my playing style is suited better for the recessed harps. I play mostly pucker and I tend to jam the harp down into my bottom lip sometimes. Without the recessed reed plate, it feels like that edge is going to damage my lip.
So it's mostly SP20s, though I have various Bushman, LO and Seydel harps, too. I can tweak them well enough for my needs, but I guess I will have attempt flat sanding on a SP20, just to see what it does.
Steve in Minn.

Sent from my iPad