Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic playing and Hohner reed plates

Tommy Reilly almost certainly played chromatic using tongue blocking, and
although in a pre-WW2 instruction book the great Larry Adler explained and
recommended tongue blocking. However, when I spoke to him back in the 1990s
he told me he mostly was a "pucker player" and only used tongue block for
octaves and corner switching, and he also explained that he recommended
tongue  blocking because "that is what you are supposed to do!"
Of course neither of those virtuoso musicians played "blues"
Best wishes,
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just  now in bonnie Scotland

In a message dated 12/11/2012 9:00:19 P.M. GMT Standard Time, timeistight