[Harp-L] Subject: GREAT CD and playing by one of our own...

Has anyone else besides me listened to this??? Wow.

_http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/46long2_ (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/46long2)

Here's our own 46 long (Blake) on a fabulous album I'd missed somewhere
along the line. While the title track is great (along with every song
here--not  a 'throwaway' in the bunch), I especially enjoyed The Best Revenge. Not
quite  sure why.<G>

Blake's one of us 'Butter' babies (those born on Paul Butterfield's
birthday) who feel a certain connection and kinship since we realized there were
quite a few of us: all harmonica players and all connected through the 'ell'
and  Spah. We should form a club after Harp-l's soon-to-be demise in
October.

Blake's duo (with his partner Jonathan Reynolds) has a great sound. In
another universe they'd already be feted and recognized and selling records
all across the Country. As it is, his song: 'East 13'(with Blake on  vocals)
has remained the one track playing on my own MySpace page forever.  'My
Baby's Away' is another terrific song, as is 'Time's Right' all from the  earlier
Time's Right Album. (You can hear clips  of these songs by  clicking on the
album cover at the above link).

Proof of how much I personally like this duo is that the only artists'
music I ever had playing on my MySpace page besides them were Eva Cassidy  and
Jason Ricci's lending his harp to Heidi and the El Cats' cover of Led  Zep's
'Goin to California'.

Both 46 Long albums are available on CD Baby and belong in a harmonica
player's collection. They're catchy, enjoyable, and just plain good  music to
listen to (or sing/play along with).

Elizabeth