[Harp-L] XB-40 and Hohner customer service.

So with the imminent demise of the XB-40 at hand I decided to spring for
one while I still had the chance, and I'm glad I did.  On
Winslow's recommendation I ordered a low D.  I love the volume and the big
fat tone, its really nice for D fiddle tunes.  The only problem is that out
of the box its out of tune here and there. It seems to average around 12
cents sharp which is close to how I tune my Sleigh diatonics but the 1
blow, 4 blow, 2 draw, 3 blow all read around 0 cents so the octaves are
out.  I bought the harp from Elderly Instruments and they don't take
returns on mouth blown instruments and direct customers to Hohner. What can
I expect from Hohner? Will they tune it up . . . replace it with a checked
instrument . . . pay for shipping? At $133.99 I'd like to start with it
being in tune and figure out how to tweak under the hood down the road.
Anyone out there have experience with Hohner's customer service?

--
Trip Henderson
www.myspace.com/triphenderso <http://www.myspace.com/triphenderson>n