Re: [Harp-L] Runaway - Bonnie Raitt

You could do it on an F harp IF:

You choose your notes carefully

You have good bending technique.

C minor chord: (C-Eb-G)

The draw chord is C7, and you can bend Draw 3 down from E to Eb to match the minor chord. Avoid the unbending E in Draw 7

Bb chord: (Bb-D-F)

Bb and D are draw notes in Holes 5-6 and 9-10. They can both be played as draw bends in Draw 2 and 3, while F is a blow note. Working on your 12th position licks and arpeggios helps here.

Ab chord: (Ab-C-Eb)
.
- First off, avoid A natural (Blow 2, 5, and 8).
- Bend Draw 3 down from E to Eb.
- Probably bend Draw 1 and 4 from G down to Gb (the 7th of the chord)

Hint: try finding the C minor blues scale

G7 chord. (G-B-D-F):

Play third position. The minor third (Bb, draw 5) will work against the major chord in this context.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
President-elect, SPAH, the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance