Re: [Harp-L] XB 40 - why is it louder than a diatonic?

I'm sure we could come up with an exact reason, but put simply, forty reeds
are louder than 30. Thing that bothers me, is how will the balance be
between the reeds that have their own sympathetic 'bending' reed, and the
ones that depend on the opposite 'playing' reed. One thing I'd like to add
here, is that the one thing I really don't like about the standard diatonic
is the flat 7th (relating to the key of the harp - therefore, Bb on a C) in
the lower octave being a draw bend, and the single best thing about the XB
is that note being a BLOW bend, and an 'all the way to the floor' blow bend
on hole 4. If the SUB30 does not do this (and, since Brendan says the new
bends are all half tones, I doubt it) then it's either some laborious
customising ahead, or just a big disappointment for yours truly,
RD

--
Rick Dempster
EÃâÅResources/Serials