RE: [Harp-L] Red Foley's "Birmingham Bounce"

Winslow wrote:

> On Foley's recording of "Square Dance Tennessee" ..... The harp player on this cut sounds similar to the one on Birmingham Bounce. Was this a nickname for Jimmie Riddle? >>
--Just listened to this cut. To my ears, it sounds like it's probably the same player...first position again, etc. Also note that this tune has  just a hint of blues [or early rock'n roll]...not much, but it's there. I am ignorant of Jimmie Riddle's work [I know, shame on me], but Winslow says it doesn't sound much like him. Questions and conjecture: Did Riddle play in first position a lot? Are there other examples of him playing "bluesy" styles? If there aren't recorded examples of this, maybe this first position thing of his [if it is  Jimmie Riddle] wasn't recorded much and that's why it sounds different than his other stuff?
--I will say that it seems unlikely that there was another harmonica player with the last name of Riddle[s] who  recorded with a major artist like Red Foley but is unknown to people like Winslow.
WVa Bob