Re: [Harp-L] Re: College music program on harmonica

On Apr 20, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

> A program was developed, and I know that there was talk of trying to promote it to schools (Bob had school-age kids at the time). Then Bob decided not to run for re-election and the whole thing faded.

Perhaps it's time to give it another go. My suggestion would be to convene a small-ish working group to (a) develop a curriculum and (b) find a few districts willing to run pilot programs. Then we figure out how to replicate it elsewhere, at which point we could hold a seminar at a future convention led by people who have done it.

Bob

---------
bobjcohen.org

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." Albert Einstein

"The revolution will not be televised," Gil Scott Heron