Re: [Harp-L] Wedding gig

EXCELLENT !!!!!

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM, michael rubin <
michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just received the remainder plus a $100 tip.
> Michael Rubin
> Michaelrubinharmonica.com
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM, David Payne
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If the brides don't want a former HARMONICAT at their wedding, then
> we're all in trouble! Lol.
> >
> > I didn't realize you hired a band for your wedding, George.
> > Besides the paid musicians, Didn't Jerry Murad also play at your wedding?
> > David
> > www.elkriverharmonicas.com
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Apr 16, 2012, at 9:14, George Miklas <harmonicat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Michael and Dave,
> >>
> >> Here are my wedding stories....
> >>
> >> First....In the Fall of 2009, I was contacted to play a Wedding in July
> 2010.  The groom is a harmonica player, and they also wanted Pachalbel's
> Canon in D along with Ashokan Farewell amongst other songs.  Then I had
> scheduled my surgery for June 6th.  I told the wedding party not to be
> afraid, that I would in fact recover to be able to play the date, plus I
> was already preparing my understudy (my daughter that can read any music on
> any instrument).  Well famous last words, right?  ...they cancelled me due
> to the surgery.   This story has a happy ending.... this past February a
> man came to my house for me to service his SUZUKI F-64 Fabulous and SUZUKI
> SC-64 Slider.... As I was working on his harmonicas, he and his wife
> disclose that they were the bride and groom that had wanted me to play
> their wedding.
> >>
> >> Second...I attended a Bridal Expo in February to advertise my harmonica
> services for weddings.  I prepared a beautiful presentation / display
> board, and printed brochures and business cards.  So far, only 4 brides
> have contacted me.  The common story is that they want the harmonica player
> for next to nothing.  And you can explain and justify all you want....they
> just don't want to pay.  Perhaps, it is the economic decline of my
> geographical region.  But I have negotiated, and even came up with a 20%
> discount ...just because they attended the Bridal expo ...just to get the
> gig ....and yet, no gig yet.  Ah but in time, I suppose it will happen.
> >>
> >> George
> >>
> >> P.S.:  For my wedding in 1995, I paid $500.00 for a brass quintet, $200
> for a pianist, $75x2 for vocalists.... a total of $850.00 for music.
>  Michael, our prices are reasonable, and is really a cheaper alternative.
>  Marketing...its all about marketing!  (of course, that page is still under
> construction)
> >>

> >> --
> >> George Miklas, Harmonica Performing Artist and Entertainer
> >> John Philip Sousa's THE HARMONICA WIZARD MARCH
> >> Harmonica Repair Done Right by George
> >> Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica
> >>

> >> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM, michael rubin <
> michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> David,
> [...]

Entertainer<http://harmonicagallery.com/>
John Philip Sousa's THE HARMONICA WIZARD
MARCH<http://harmonicagallery.com/sousa>
Harmonica Repair Done Right by George <http://harmonicagallery.com/repair>
Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica<http://spah.org/>