RE: [Harp-L] disinfecting harps

> As I understand it, the way you overcome the flu is by developing an immunity to it (so you can't actually reinfect yourself with the same bug), but not all upper-respiratory infections are flus, so keeping your >harps sanitary can't hurt.
There are several secondary bacterial infections associated with colds or flu and you won't necessarily be immune to them. If you're worried, just rinse your harps through with warm water after each bout of playing. That will shift all adventitious bacteria and viruses. If I've had a cold I might temporarily avoid playing harps that can't easily be washed through, such as any with valves or pearwood bodies. But, on the whole, don't worry!