Re: [Harp-L] Jim Antaki's TurboSlide Harmonica

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Brendan Power <bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> This has some fascinating applications beyond the
> obvious, and I've made a video to show some of them off:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTtqtRf2H4

Brendan has just doubled the value of the TurboSlide harp!

One of my students brought in a TurboSlide to explore, and we had some fun
with it. Technically I understood it, but musically we didn't find many
ways to apply it..

Just now, I saved the audio from Brendan's YouTube, separated them into
individual files, and then slowed down the set 60% too. The student will
have both real-time and slow-tracks to study next week!

Thanks to Brendan for his fast ears and and worthy contributions to our
study! (And to Jim for utilizing a drawer full of old magnets.) <grin>

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012

Learn Harmonica by Webcam

Low Rates, High Success