Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar

On Apr 5, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Tony Stephens wrote:

> I want some input on Lee Oskar harps, likes or dislikes. I have keys A & G. They are hard to draw on holes 2 &3. That is most likely me, as a beginner. I have been told these harps are tuned for country not blues, is that true.

I used Lee Oskars for years before switching to custom Marine Bands. They lasted a very long time before going out of tune. I don't do any overblowing. From what I understand, LOs are not suitable for that technique. If you're looking for good quality harps right out of the box, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. I also like Suzuki Manjis, which is another Japanese harp. They're pricier. As far as tuning goes, the LOs come in several different tunings. http://www.leeoskar.com/harmonicas.html Major Diatonic, Melody Maker, Natural Minor, and Harmonic Minor. Do you have the boxes? That'll tell you.

Bob

"The revolution will not be televised"
-Gil Scott Heron