Re: [Harp-L] Re: New England Harmonica Stars
- To: "Ryan Hartt" <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: New England Harmonica Stars
- From: "david robbins" <drobbins5658@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:16:57 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1318987023; bh=K/asRfSeJycczCyOGQrdPPuCtZYdamkpKlVRSlV2nsc=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=EaVpe0rBIYqG/JWSzrVR4siT04adzUudHEVnDw6o9Nr+vzTog4R4EE6GxvVC0gUBypVlbY3b2xIChVKqzdcsZCeXQzI+v2sBQGs/EreB5epfVeFiBweQC082lugDgqpJpJY3AQEnULPw83UW+zB/Zmk4rYpPj0u7403CfGb8vW0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=0rYWKBVv4wy08yHKuIw5vy67MUeK1UOZalkz1LG6+8g/FG7wNmzkqCBd/O/w7tEB6TBel7FFFfs10EIUoJeG+ZRlkKffZrFR9bvTWe7nbKnFFZhCvOOA7xI0Y7OqSsu3PmnAiXLgRMpxsL0GzADoj2UYC4FfSXBZpZMP9I9Mt9A= ;
- In-reply-to: <SNT109-W28E6257627F2F0D8402DA6C2E50@phx.gbl>
- References: <37E90C24-382E-4208-8943-E8AAE27E93B7@mac.com>, <1309409BD35740319FD8C3D947414E56@SamPC> <SNT109-W28E6257627F2F0D8402DA6C2E50@phx.gbl>
And mom is always right. Hey ryan , i personally dig what you do, and plenty
of others do to, but we cant all be in the same league as a kim wilson or
even a sugar ray. There's alot of really good players on New England's part
time circuit, but how many full time, world class harp stars have come outta
new england? You may be able to count'em on one hand. You and I and everyone
here in New England, know who they are. Why go thru life with blinders on.
Give credit where credit is due. As said, ya got Sugar Ray, Portnoy, Pierre
Beauregard, Magic Dick. These are the stars.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Hartt" <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Re: New England Harmonica Stars
huh? were talkin stars here arent we? theres 40 ryan harts in new england
Ain't but one that I know of.
And if you're going to knock a cat, have the decency to spell his name
Please allow me to defend my "star" status so generously thrust upon me by
several esteemed members of this fine list at no solicitation by me.
I have been playing harmonica for 25 years, gigging steadily since age 16,
playing clubs since 19.I studied at the feet of harmonica LA masters like
Rod Piazza and the great Lynwood Slim for two years.I gigged steadily in LA
as a frontman and sideman for two yearsI have kept my current band together
nearly 12 yearsI have played clubs and festivals throughout the NortheastI
have recorded 2 CDs that have received international airplay and acclaimI
have built an overseas following in Scandinavia, Benelux, UK, Spain,
Australia, Brazil and Argentina, among others. My band is a three time
winner of the CT Blues Society Blues Challenge/Three Time IBC participantOur
third CD is in the can and will blow your mind. I'm not the greatest harp
player, I'm not the greatest singer and I'm
not the greatest songwriter, but I think I do all three better than a
lot of other cats.I am a Hohner Endorsed Artist
Almost none of the above would have been possible without my outstanding
band to whom I am eternally grateful and constantly in awe of.
I have accomplished the above in the worst music market in the last 30 years
in a veritable desert of Blues: Connecticut.
I did all of the above while raising a family and working full time, and
earning a masters degree along the way.
Do I deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as New England boys like
Sugar Ray, Magic Dick and Jerry Portnoy (a Chicago transplant, as we all
know)? Certainly not. Forty of me in New England? Hell's bells, no. Am I a
"star"? I'll let others decide that.
You may not think I'm a "star" Dave but my mom thinks I'm AWESOME!
Yours with more humor than indignation,
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and