[Harp-L] Gussow in Princeton or messing with the "blues tradition"
- To: "Harp-L List" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Gussow in Princeton or messing with the "blues tradition"
- From: "Aongus MacCana" <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 20:04:25 +0100
- Thread-index: AcyEWsQLF83yM4RbQP6FdnIcaECwrg==
This kind of argument is endemic in Irish Trad, where the "true
traditionalists" see "no good reason to play a tune any other way than the
way it always has been played" - regardless of the fact that it already has
been played in a myriad of different ways and versions.
However I did not expect to find this kind of angst among members of the
Blues community, where I (mistakenly?) thought that improvisation and doing
your own thing was the name of the game.
Aongus Mac Cana
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and