Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Harp Mic -#1 ... Mic #2 is ... Mic #3 is

----- Original Message ----- Favorite Harp Mic

My favorite #1 ... Mic #2 is ... Mic #3 is a <snip>

_______
It depends on what amp I'm playing through.
I have a 68 Super reverb that loves Crs & Cms I've had this amp since 1972. I know exactly what it will and won't do. I play guit thru the trem channel. And play harp thru the clean channel. [note to self: get an on/off foot switch so the bullet mounted on the straightup mic stand can be turned off easy.]

My best bullet is a late 60's Jt-30 shell & early 60's CM 99B86 and I had a nicer looking Jt-30 60's CM that used to be my favorite till I got that other element and put it in that beat-up shell. I also have a red-head with CM that doesn't suck. So it doesn't matter the looks when I go to thinking about favorites.

I have 520 taxicab dispatch mics from 61 with original elements that KILL but then there are the other small amps Class A 5 watter with EL84 loves bullets. and then, on the other hand... there is that mutant

The VHT 6V6 6-watter is a perfect DNA match with the Shure 545-SD I can't get away from the fact that THAT amp and THAT stick mic is DA-Bomb. Some day I'll get Greg to do the Ultimate + Bulletizer treatment. And build a line-out for live gigs. So...

The moral of the story...

"Plug it in. Play it. Turn it up."

then plug something different...

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!

P.S I agree the wood creations from our niche mic builders are wonderful to look at..On the internet, and since I don't have one to play with, I can't even imagine what great tones emanate.

I am an old radio op, morse code too. I know how to do the electrical and machining to best milspec, and I used to be a pro painter and can do finishes. But these guys are making Harp - ART. & I love it.

That said, I'll trade tones with any comers.  <grin>
"Plug it in.  Play it.  Turn it up." Splash!