Re: [Harp-L] Re: Do teachers & players tend to undervalue first position?

I quite like St James Infirmary otherwise titled Gamblers Blues in fifth position, it gives it something quite deep, throaty and dirty. St James Infirmary is a copyrighted song in Europe whilst Gamblers Blues, which is exactly the same tune is in the public domain!
For those who have opened second position, but not yet fifth, try playing an A harp in second position with one hand and then find the same notes on a C harp held in the other hand & you'll be opening up fifth position on your C harp.
Have fun-David