Re: [Harp-L] now Star, was Hohner Chromonika III

Hi Dave,
I went to Pat Missin's site and he shows examples of the 1896 or 97  Marine
Band with a very small 6 point star.  Then in 1905 the star was slightly
bigger, so it looks like it was used earlier if his research is correct.  He
mentions that he's heard the 6 point star may have been the number of
Matthius Hohner's kids.  He also said he's seen a 5 point that's not as old
as his 6 point specimen.  That would mean that one of the kids passed away,
but he certainly didn't have another kid to make 6 children once again.  So
that hypothesis doesn't jive.  I guess no one really knows for sure,
however,  one thing for sure is that the Nazi's were not too keen with a 6
point star no matter what the meaning.

Now on to your info about the star and the Paris 1937 engraving.....my
Chromonika III has both, so I assume it's really rare?

--
steve
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000237341322