Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cables: Are there really any sonic differences?

Garry, music is assessed with human ears, if you don't trust them, then it's
time to hang up the harps.

________________________________
From: Garry <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 3 March, 2011 4:54:22
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cables: Are there really any sonic differences?

On 03/02/2011 10:46 PM, Jim Rossen wrote:
> My band mates did a nice cable article for Premier Guitar Magazine,
> link below, and I tried some of the demo cables. There were clear
> differences in sound- detail, frequency response, smoothness. The
> differences were minor compared to the many other factors that affect
> the sound, but definitely detectable.
i went there looking for the measurements, the spectral analysis, the
double blind tests. instead i found:

"In the end, though, we felt that experiences with cables are inherently
subjective â theyâre not something that can be measured in a meaningful
scientific way.".

so not particularly convincing with regard to this discussion.

-- We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser